Entrepreneurs are the primary source of work place innovation, wealth creation and job generation in the U.S. Our current economic climate amplifies the need to create a pipeline of young entrepreneurs who will "make a job," not just "take a job."
We are asking for your assistance:
- to build and sustain that pipeline of youth entrepreneurs
- to commit to helping young people discover and develop and entrepreneurial mindset
- to provide entrepreneurship education at a reduced rate to schools and communities
- to continue to develop quality project driven curricula that challenges students to use higher level thinking skills
- to provide funds for communities to build sustainable entrepreneurship programs
- to provide continuous evaluation to ensure content and delivery are utilizing the best technology possible
Equally, at any local level, we have many opportunities for community members to volunteer to assist judging student business plans, serves as a classroom mentor for student run businesses, provide internship experiences for students, and assist with the development of student incubator sites. Contact GenEI to find out if there is a participating community near you, or how to introduce youth entrepreneurship education to your community.
GenEI serves students, educators and community based organization, including:
- Faith-based programs, after school clubs, Boys and Girls Clubs, and summer camps
- School-sponsored programs both in and after school in traditional classes (marketing, economics, business, social studies, art, math, etc.) offered at the middle and high school levels. Alternative education programs (GED, and high school completion), Career and Technology Centers, and Home School programs
- Neighborhood-based programs that serve low income and minority individuals
Any organization that is involved with youth can utilize GenEI curricula and programming. As a nonpofit, we offer entrepreneurship education at an affordable rate to individuals, schools and communities We need public support to continue to be able to offer the program at those rates.